Monday, August 8, 2011

THE OLD BRIDGE

I've had this old bridge for years under a tree in my front yard flower bed. So instead of throwing it away I decided to bring it to the chicken yard. I then planted monkey grass ( I believe that's what it's called) on each side. It had the pretty purple spikes bloomed out on it. Do you see it now? I really didn't expect it to last very long but it was pretty for a little while. I wasn't sure if the chickens would walk across it or not. I sit it near where they have their dust baths in the afternoon. Later on I got a few shots of their activity.

I see Pearl in laying at the edge of the bridge and Pop it over to the side about to stir up a mess. Buffy is underneath and the Barred Rock is having some water. By the way, the water container was clean a couple of hours earlier. Those ducks make a mess, I have to blame them. I believe Comet may be chewing on my plant and the ducks are doing one of their favorite things, eating.




Little Man and Lady are sitting on the bridge talking about their future plans for a family. That makes me very happy. The sooner the better. I've been noticing Buffy and Pop are getting a little close, Pearl might want to keep an eye on her. Ducks still doing their favorite thing.








By the time Pop finishes he is filthy. Buffy and Pearl and becoming friends for now. Pearl is the number one hen for now Buffy is next in line. Hopefully more will be laying soon. I'm almost down to my last egg. Pearl hasn't laid one in several days now. The weather I hope.











I enjoyed my afternoon watching them and taking a few pictures. They have adjusted to their new home well.
As I've heard many people say they do have their own unique personalities. I love my chickens and look forward to getting a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment